Lille: a trajectory of excellence in research on diabetes and metabolic diseases
The label of National Center for Precision Medicine
The National Centers for Precision Medicine (CNMP) are centers of excellence in research, care, training and technology transfer in the field of precision medicine. The CNMP label was created in 2019 following the publication of the results of the second University Hospital Institute call for projects (IHU2). This label is awarded by the National Research Agency (ANR) as part of the Future Investment Plan (PIA) to a research consortium bringing together a critical mass of researchers, teacher-researchers and hospital staff within ” an integrated structure mainly associating a university, a university hospital center or a health establishment, and one or more research organization (s).
This label is recognition of the excellence of basic and medical research in a specific area of health. The CNMPs aim to strengthen the competitiveness of French research at the international level, the attractiveness of the territory for pharmaceutical, biotechnology and health technologies manufacturers, and the potential for valorisation and transfer of research results. towards the patient and the population.
To this end, three CNMPs have been created, each focused on a major public health challenge :
- PreciDIAB : the National Center for Precision Medicine for diabetes ;
- PRISM : the National Center for Precision Medicine for solid cancers ;
- THEMA : the National Center for Precision Medicine for hematological diseases.
The three CNMPs share a common mission: to develop and offer by 2025 and beyond new solutions to prevent and treat targeted pathologies (e.i. diabetes, solid cancers and hematological diseases) in order to improve the living conditions of patients but also to contribute to the prevention of these conditions and their complications.
Their strength lies in the gathering in a unique place of researchers and clinicians, from the best university, hospital and academic teams, around a specific clinical theme.
The partner establishments of the project
- Responsable Scientifique et Technique: Prof. Philippe Froguel
- Responsable du groupe “Recherche Translationnelle et Clinique” : Prof. Charlotte Cordonnier
- Responsable du groupe “Enseignement et Formation” : Prof. Anne Tailleux
- Responsable du groupe “Dissémination et Valorisation” : Etienne Vervaecke
- Secrétaire Général : Gilles Pulvermuller
Composition des organes de gouvernance
- Comité de pilotage
- Bureau du Comité de Pilotage
- Comité Exécutif
Composition des organes périphériques
- Comité Scientifique Consultatif
- Comité de Liaison
- PreciDIAB Intiative